Who can join the Photo Contest?
What’s in Store?
The winners of the Yabang Pinoy What are You Made For? Photo Contest will receive the following:
- First Prize – P20,000 worth of Global Pinoy Bazaar Gift Certficates
- Second Prize – P10,000 worth of Global Pinoy Bazaar Gift Certificates
- Third Prize – P5,000 worth of Global Pinoy Bazaar Gift Certificates
All prizes can be transferrable, but cannot be converted to cash.
Photo Contest Mechanics
1. Come up with your best photographs that visually answers the question: What are you made for? Here are some guide questions to help you:
- Which Filipino-made products and brands do you buy?
- Why do you choose to support Filipino-made products?
- How do these Filipino-made products complement your everyday life?
2. Photo entries must include Filipino-made products and popular locations in the country. The Yabang Pinoy abaca band should also be included in the photo, but does not necessarily have to be the main focal point.
3. Photo entries should be uploaded on the Yabang Pinoy Facebook page with the following details in the caption:
- A short, one-liner answering the question What are You Made For?
- A list of all the Filipino-made products and brands featured in the photo entry
- Location where the photograph was taken
- Chosen category
4. Photographers can enter up to three (3) unique and unpublished photos in the following categories:
- Food and Beverage
- Personal and Home Care
5. Submitted photo entries must be in JPEG format should have a resolution of at least 3000 x 2000 pixels and 300 dpi. It should not include any watermarks, signatures, time stamps and other similar markings.
6. All photo entries will be initially judged by representatives of Yabang Pinoy. The top 30 photo entries will be announced on October 8, 2012 and will be uploaded in an album of the Yabang Pinoy Facebook page for online voting, which will run until November 5, 2012.
7. Winners of the Yabang Pinoy What are You Made For? Photo Contest will be contacted via email and through their provided contact number.
Photo Contest Criteria for Judging
All the photo entries will be judged based on the following:
- Thematic Relevance (40%) – Does the photo show what the photographer is made for? Does it positively showcase Filipino-made products? Was the photo taken in a location easily recognized to be in the Philippines?
- Creativity and Originality (35%) – What is the level of the artistic style, technique and skill exhibited by the photographer in the entry?
- Technical Merit (25%) – Is the photo entry clear and of high quality?
Check out Yabang Pinoy’s Facebook page for more information on the What are You Made For? Photo Contest.